A Humble TX pediatric dentist is responsible for taking care of children’s teeth from infancy up until their teenage years when they’re going to be changing to a regular dentist. Pediatric dentistry is a specific branch of dentistry which a dentist can specialize in after getting her license. To become a pediatric dentist, a dentist needs to finish dental school then complete two years of residency training in dentistry for infants to teens who have special needs.
Below is a list of the most common treatments that a pediatric dentist does:
1. Treating tooth defects and providing dental fillings for tooth cavities.
2. Providing counseling to parents for children’s habits such as thumb sucking and pacifier use.
3. Doing oral health examinations for infants.
4. Preventive dental services such as routine dental cleanings, fluoride treatments, and diet and nutrient information.
5. Early assessment and treatment for improper biting correction and teeth straightening.
Since a pediatric dentist is going to be caring for your children’s teeth, you must be sure that you find the right one. One of the best things you can do to find a pediatric dentist is to ask your friends and family for suggestions. Below are some other things that you can do.
1. Go to the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry website and use the search tool there.
2. Be sure to find a pediatric dentist who’s a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics, American Dental Association, or Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
3. The pediatric dentist ought to know how to make kids feel relaxed while they’re being checked and treated.
4. Once you find a pediatric dentist which you think will be a wonderful fit for your child, schedule a consultation with her first before you set an appointment for your child.
5. On your consultation with the dentist, observe the ambience of the clinic. Is it child-friendly? See if the clinic has child-sized furniture where the kids can play while they’re waiting for their turn.
6. Kids often become bored easily when they’re waiting so a TV where they can watch cartoons will be helpful. Coloring books, children’s textbooks, and toys could also help ease their boredom. An awesome clinic is one that caters to the needs of kids of all ages.
7. Notice the way the dentist interacts with your kid especially when the child starts to get scared during the treatment.
If you’re looking for a wonderful and kind pediatric dentist who’ll surely look after your children and their teeth, contact Dr. Holly Gregory, DDS, MS. Stop by her website now at https://nehoustonimplants.com/